Insurance designed to suit your needs

Key features

Music is a great way to spend your downtime away from your studies, and knowing this, we can offer protection for your instrument against theft, knocks or scrapes. You may even be studying a music-related degree and will understandably want to make sure that your equipment is safe from harm, or that you can get a replacement when you need one. So if you're a student musician, take a look and see what we can offer you below.

Yellow Icon Image

Public Liability

Accidents can happen, especially if you’re a performing musician. That’s why we will protect you against third party damage or injury claims. 


Find out more

Instrument & Equipment Cover

Our cover goes beyond standard theft and accidental damage and includes vandalism, attempted theft and even fire damage in the UK and abroad (up to 30 days). Security requirements apply.

Equipment Hire

Making a claim with us and still need an instrument? It’s covered as part of our claims service, up to £2,000 of equipment hire available if you need it.

Yellow Icon Image

In-Vehicle Cover

Travelling to lectures with your equipment in the car? We can provide up to £300 to cover damage to your car by thieves. Storage and vehicle security requirements apply. 

New for Old Cover

No value depreciation on your instrument and equipment when you use our approved claims service, which are all handled by our own claims team – so no outsourcing to a third party. Evidence of ownership needed if you make a claim.


Loss of Earnings

Had an accident resulting in a personal injury that's keeping you from performing? You shouldn't have to be out of pocket. We can offer up to £800 to cover the loss of your earnings.

Our optional extras

If you're studying a music-related course or if you've taken your guitar to university with you, then our extended covers may be just what you need. If you've landed your first gig, then we can ease the worry around something going wrong with our Public Liability extension. By choosing this, you can benefit from up to £5million to protect you against third party liability claims made against you for damage and injury. So, if a member of your audience were to hurt themselves, we can help keep you covered. If you want to head abroad with your equipment, then our Global Travel option can follow you wherever you go. Protect your instrument against theft and accidental damage when you choose to extend your cover, as well as up to £300 to cover damage in transit to your purpose-built equipment case. Take a look at what our optional covers can offer you and get a quote from us today.

Global Travel

Global Travel

30 days travel cover not enough? If you’ve got a string of gigs lined up then you can extend your policy to include 365 days of global travel cover.


Find out more

Public Liability

£5m Public Liability

Option to increase your Public Liability cover up to £5million. You can also extend your insurance to include up to 4 additional band members.


Find out more

Extended Mechanical Breakdown

Mechanical Breakdown

It’s frustrating when your equipment breaks outside of its warranty. Our Mechanical Breakdown option can cover faulty kit that's up to 5 years old.

What does music insurance cover?

Want to find out even more about our cover? If you're a student and you're wondering about what's included, then we've answered a few questions for you below.

Can I get insurance as a student?

Our insurance is available to a wide range of musicians, including students - whether you’re studying a music-related degree or not! If your instruments and equipment are with you at university then you’ll want to keep them safe.

If you’re living at your Halls of Residence, then we can cover your instruments against theft should you suffer a break-in, as well as covering you for accidental damage, storm, flood and fire damage

Claims for theft or attempted theft need to be able to demonstrate forced entry.

Does my insurance cover my equipment in Halls of Residence?

Your instruments and your musical equipment can be covered inside of your halls of residence. If you’re studying away at university and have your instruments with you, then we can keep you covered if your Halls of Residence is broken into and your equipment is stolen.

Your Halls of Residence will need to have been securely locked in the event of your instrument being stolen. Our cover also includes protection against accidental damage, storm, flood and fire damage.

Am I covered to take my instruments abroad?

Yes! Our music insurance includes up to 30 days of worldwide cover as standard so you can take your instruments abroad with you. If you’re planning on heading away for even longer, then our Global Travel option gives you 365 days of cover, anywhere in the world.

You must keep your Instruments and equipment in a purpose-designed equipment case while in transit. Public Liability insurance for musicians does not extend to North America.

Recent posts

We know that music is for everyone. It doesn't matter whether you’re a professional musician, a part-time performer or someone who plays purely for their own enjoyment, we want to help make you the best musician you can be. Our articles section provides tips, hints and in-depth guides to help perfect your technique and hone your skills. Have a read and you’ll see that we make all the right noises when it comes to music.