DJ Insurance

Insurance designed to suit your needs

Key features

Do you use a controller, a mixer or even a CDJ? Whatever your setup, whichever brand you prefer, we have you covered. It doesn’t matter if you usually DJ at wedding receptions or whether you’ve got a regular slot at a local nightclub, we can provide the right cover for you. With a wide variety of equipment to choose from, the costs can soon mount up when you’re trying to make a unique beat or put on a show that will pack out the dance floor, so you’ll want to make sure your kit is protected against the worst that can happen. Take a look at our policy features below and see what we can offer you.

DJ Liability

Public Liability 

Accidents can happen, especially if you’re a performing musician. That’s why we will protect you against third party damage or injury claims. 


Find out more

DJ Equipment Insurance

Instrument & Equipment Cover

Our cover goes beyond standard theft and accidental damage and includes vandalism, attempted theft and even fire damage in the UK and abroad (up to 30 days). Security requirements apply.

three instruments

Equipment Hire

Making a claim with us but have a gig lined up? We can provide you with replacement DJ equipment, of up to £2,000 in value. 

In vehicle cover

In-Vehicle Cover

Keep your equipment safe when you're on the road. Our policy automatically includes in-vehicle cover and up to £300 in vehicle damage costs in the event of a theft. Storage and vehicle security requirements apply.

new for old cover

New for Old Cover

No value depreciation on your instrument and equipment when you use our approved claims service, which are all handled by our own claims team – so no outsourcing to a third party. Evidence of ownership needed if you make a claim.

piggy bank

Loss of Earnings

Had an accident resulting in a personal injury that's keeping you from performing? You shouldn't have to be out of pocket. We can offer up to £800 to cover the loss of your earnings.

Our optional extras

Have you got a gig lined up overseas? If you're playing to a party abroad, then you might want to take a look at our optional extras before you head away. If you want to make sure your equipment arrives safe and sound, then our Global Travel cover can provide you with up to £300 to cover damage to a purpose-designed equipment case as you travel. Take a look at what our optional extras can offer you and get a quote from us today.

Global Travel

Global Travel

30 days travel cover not enough? If you’ve got a string of gigs lined up then you can extend your policy to include 365 days of global travel cover.


Find out more

Public Liability

£5m Public Liability

Option to increase your Public Liability cover up to £5million. You can also extend your insurance to include up to 4 additional band members.


Find out more

Extended Mechanical Breakdown

Mechanical Breakdown

It’s frustrating when your equipment breaks outside of its warranty. Our Mechanical Breakdown option can cover faulty kit that's up to 5 years old.

What does music insurance for DJ's cover?

Want to find out even more about our cover? If you're wondering about what's included as a DJ, then we've answered a few questions for you below.

What DJ equipment do I need as a beginner?

If you’re a beginner to the world of DJing, then you’re going to want the right equipment to start with. Decide on which set-up you want to DJ with – either a mixer, a DJ controller or a turntable for instance – and then get the equipment to create your sound.

Look into purchasing a good set of speakers, some quality headphones and a suitable equipment case so you can travel to and from gigs!

Can I get insurance for rented DJ equipment?

As part of our insurance, you can cover instruments & equipment that’s owned by you. In the event of an approved claim while you’re waiting for your DJ equipment to be repaired or replaced, then we can provide up to £2,000 to hire replacement DJ equipment.

Do I need Public Liability insurance before I start playing gigs?

Many venue owners may require DJ’s to have public liability insurance before they can play gigs, which is why we automatically provide you with up to £1million worth of Public Liability cover. Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, this can cover potential costs incurred in the event of someone taking you to court for damages you have caused to their property or even an injury to a third-party, whilst going about your DJ activity.

As a DJ, what type of insurance do I need?

Whether you’re a professional or an amateur DJ, it’s worth keeping yourself covered. Your DJ set up can take a while to perfect and can be expensive to replace.

Our specialist insurance for DJ equipment means that, as a DJ, you get a cover that suits you and can protect you while you’re away from your home.

What value should I insure my equipment for?

For items that can be readily replaced with a new one (or with a similar model), the value should be the usual, undiscounted cost including VAT from a reputable retailer at the time you apply.

If you have a query as to what value you should insure your equipment for, feel free to get in touch with one of our friendly, UK-based customer service team either by:

Phone: 0333 004 3888


Recent posts

We know that music is for everyone. It doesn't matter whether you’re a professional musician, a part-time performer or someone who plays purely for their own enjoyment, we want to help make you the best musician you can be. Our articles section provides tips, hints and in-depth guides to help perfect your technique and hone your skills. Have a read and you’ll see that we make all the right noises when it comes to music.