Music Teacher Insurance

Insurance designed to suit your needs

Key features

We know that in order to provide your students with your undivided attention it helps to have as little stress as possible. That’s why with our cover, we can take care of things so that you don’t need to worry. We've done our homework to find out what works best for you. With our policies, it doesn’t matter if you’re in the studio or whether you’re travelling back and forth between lessons, we can make sure that you’re protected while you teach.

Yellow Icon Image

Public Liability

Accidents can happen, especially if you’re a performing musician. That’s why we will protect you against third party damage or injury claims. 


Find out more

Instrument & Equipment Cover

Our cover goes beyond standard theft and accidental damage and includes vandalism, attempted theft and even fire damage in the UK and abroad (up to 30 days). Security requirements apply.

Equipment Hire

Making a claim with us and still need an instrument? It’s covered as part of our claims service, up to £2,000 of equipment hire available if you need it.

Yellow Icon Image

In-Vehicle Cover

Keep your equipment safe when you're on the road. Our policy automatically includes in-vehicle cover and up to £300 in vehicle damage costs in the event of a theft. Storage and vehicle security requirements apply.

New for Old Cover

No value depreciation on your instrument and equipment when you use our approved claims service, which are all handled by our own claims team – so no outsourcing to a third party. Evidence of ownership needed if you make a claim.

music teachers loss of earnings

Loss of Earnings

Had an accident resulting in a personal injury that's keeping you from performing? You shouldn't have to be out of pocket. We can offer up to £800 to cover the loss of your earnings.

Our optional extras

If you're after even more from your cover, then why not take a look at our optional extras? The last thing you want when you're teaching is for something to go wrong. Our extended Public Liability cover can provide you with up to £5million to cover claims made against you for third party injury and damages. So, if you were to accidentally break someone else's belongings while you were teaching, then we can help. Have a look at what else our optional extras can do for you below and get a quote from us today.

Global Travel

Global Travel

30 days travel cover not enough? If you’ve got a string of gigs lined up then you can extend your policy to include 365 days of global travel cover.


Find out more

Public Liability

£5m Public Liability

Option to increase your Public Liability cover up to £5million. You can also extend your insurance to include up to 4 additional band members.


Find out more

Extended Mechanical Breakdown

Mechanical Breakdown

It’s frustrating when your equipment breaks outside of its warranty. Our Mechanical Breakdown option can cover faulty kit that's up to 5 years old.

What does insurance for music teachers cover?

Want to find out even more about our cover? If you're a music teacher and you're wondering about what's included, then we've answered a few questions for you below.

Do I need Public Liability insurance as a music teacher?

As a music teacher, if you’re teaching students at their home or yours, you should look into getting Public Liability insurance.

Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, Public Liability insurance can protect you against potential costs for third-party claims made against you if you injure someone or damage their property whilst teaching music.

Do you insure private music teachers?

Yes! Our insurance covers private music teachers, including up to £1million in Public Liability insurance as standard.

Would home insurance cover my instruments and equipment while I teach?

Your home insurance policy may cover your musical instruments, but many home contents policies may not cover your instruments while they’re outside of your home.

As a music teacher, you probably spend a lot of time travelling to and from student’s houses. You may find that your home contents policy does not cover your instruments outside of your home or whilst being used as part of your profession. Please check with your home insurance provider about their cover and limits.

Our specialist insurance for musical instruments and equipment means that as a music teacher, you get a cover that suits you and can cover you outside of your home.

Recent posts

We know that music is for everyone. It doesn't matter whether you’re a professional musician, a part-time performer or someone who plays purely for their own enjoyment, we want to help make you the best musician you can be. Our articles section provides tips, hints and in-depth guides to help perfect your technique and hone your skills. Have a read and you’ll see that we make all the right noises when it comes to music.