DJ equipment insurance

Protecting DJ equipment for over 20 years


Insurance for DJ equipment from musicGuard

Protection for your DJ equipment, laptop and accessories

Whether you’re a mobile DJ or someone who mixes tracks at home, we know how important your DJ equipment is to you. So whether you’re DJing at a local gig, a wedding, pub or club or even a nightclub party abroad our insurance can help provide the cover you need.

Over 20 years of Guardcover, supporting your passion


Why protect your DJ equipment with musicGuard?

See what our specialist cover can offer DJ's and their equipment at musicGuard

20 Years of Experience

We know what it takes to protect the things that matter to you.

Quick and Simple

We've made it quick and easy to get a quote in seconds.

0% Monthly Payment

Spread your payments across the year at no extra cost.

UK Customer Service

Our customer service team is ready to help you with all your questions.

Online Account

Your online account is an easy way to access and manage your policies 24/7.

Specialist Insurance

Cover for all types of musicians from teaching, rehearsing or performing live.

Specialist DJ equipment insurance from musicGuard

What am I covered for?

We know that your setup can be expensive and take a while to get right, so that’s why our cover is designed to protect DJ’s, their equipment and accessories.

What happens if your DJ equipment is damaged?

If your DJ equipment is stolen from your home or studio or suffers damage from a drinks-spill, musicGuard is there to help get you set back up. Our cover includes theft and accidental damage, vandalism, attempted theft and fire damage for DJ equipment up to £50,000 in value. Security requirements apply.

How can we replace your DJ equipment?

We understand what your gear means to you, which is why we offer genuine new for old replacement, and we don’t depreciate the value of your DJ equipment when you make a claim.

Got a gig overseas?

If your latest gig takes you abroad, no problem. We automatically include UK-wide cover and up to 30 days of worldwide cover for your insured DJ equipment.

Is your DJ equipment covered while its in your car?

Keep your DJ equipment safe when you're on the road. We automatically include In-Vehicle Cover and up to £300 cover for damage caused to your vehicle at the same time as the theft or attempted theft of your insured equipment. Storage and vehicle security requirements apply.

How can we support you?

If you’ve had an accident that's keeping you from performing, then you shouldn't have to be out of pocket. We can offer up to £800 to cover the loss of your music-related earnings as a DJ. Cover only applies to pre-booked music related earnings.

What if you need to hire DJ equipment?

If you’re making a claim with us but still need replacement DJ equipment, then don’t worry. It’s covered as part of our claims service, with up to £2,000 of DJ equipment hire available if you need it. Cover applies in the UK, with up to £250 claims hire cover abroad available with our Global Travel option.

Get a quote
Optional DJ Insurance

Optional extras for your DJ equipment

Global Travel - If you’ve got a string of gigs lined-up abroad, then you can extend your policy to include 365 days of worldwide cover and £250 claims equipment hire. Proof of hire required.

£5m Public Liability - You can increase your Liability cover to £5m and choose to extend the cover to include up to four partners who work alongside and support you as a DJ. Excludes North America.

Mechanical Breakdown - Covers repair costs to electrical gear (less than five years old) that breaks down outside of its warranty, so you’re not left empty-handed for your next set. Excludes computing equipment.

What DJ equipment is covered with musicGuard?

DJ equipment insurance that hits the right beat

Frequently asked questions about DJ equipment

Want to find out more about our DJ equipment cover?

If you’re wondering what our DJ equipment insurance includes, then we’ve answered a few questions for you here!

If you’re a beginner to the world of DJing, then you’re going to want the right equipment to start with. Decide on which setup you want to DJ with, either a mixer, a DJ controller, or a turntable for instance, and then get the equipment to create your sound.

Look into purchasing a good set of speakers, some quality headphones, and a suitable equipment case so you can travel to and from gigs!

As a wedding DJ, its your job to get the party started. In order to build the best setup for your wedding DJ sets, you may want to look at investing in:

  • Lighting
  • Sound equipment
  • Microphones
  • A mixer or controller

You can find out which equipment youll need to create the perfect wedding DJ setup right here!

If your DJ equipment is accidentally damaged and youve made a claim with us, we can provide up to £2,000 towards replacement hire equipment within the UK in the meantime.

As part of our Global Travel option, we can provide up to £250 to hire replacement DJ equipment from a reputable retailer if your insured DJ equipment is damage while youre abroad.

Public Liability (also referred to as personal liability or Third Party Liability) provides cover for any music-related legal liability that results in an injury to someone or damage to their property and where you are held liable.

For more information on our Public Liability cover for DJs and what Public Liability cover can protect you against, you can consult our policy wording here.

Many venue owners may require DJs to have Public Liability insurance before they can play gigs. Public Liability insurance can cover you if you were to hurt someone or damage third party property while you’re performing and for which you are then held liable.

As a DJ, your lighting and staging equipment can be covered on your policy

Yes! As a DJ, your speakers can be covered on your policy.

A DJ mixer acts as a dedicated mixing suite for you to input tracks from CDJs, record decks and external soundcards in order to control and mix your sound. A DJ controller is an all-in-one setup that offers the capabilities of a DJ mixer as well as being able to scratch and use sound FX. However, with a DJ controller, youll usually need to use a laptop with DJ software installed alongside it.

Yes, computers and laptops can be covered for DJs if their primary purpose is for your music-related activity.

Excludes our optional Mechanical Breakdown cover.

A digital turntable allows DJs to use effects and techniques to mash up the sound of a track or tracks. DJs can use a turntable to scratch and mix together songs as well as changing the tempo and beat of a track.

If you’ve accidentally damaged your DJ equipment or if you’ve been the victim of theft, then we can replace your equipment on a new for old basis. Confirmation of value required.

When you are insuring the DJ equipment; the policy would have to be in one person's name and this person would automatically get £1million of Public Liability. For an additional premium you can increase your Public Liability cover to £5million and include up to four additional partners who help support you in your DJing.

Unfortunately, we are unable to cover any mobile or smart phones on our music insurance.

Our musical insurance for DJ equipment is provided on an annual basis, we do not offer any cover on a short term or temporary basis.

Any offer we make to you will be determined by the features and specification of the insured item claimed for. This is based on the current market equivalent for products of a similar quality and specification and not the original cost of the item.

Our Mechanical Breakdown option provides cover for repair costs to electrical instruments and equipment, purchased from new, up to five years old and outside of any other warranty. Unfortunately, we are unable to cover laptops, tablets, desktop computing equipment and related accessories with this cover option.

For items that can be readily replaced with a new one (or with a similar model), the value should be the usual, undiscounted cost including VAT from a reputable retailer at the time you apply.

Yes, our policy can cover pre-booked music related loss of earnings that are as a direct result of bodily injury caused by an accident that prevents you from attending either: your music-related profession, events, or any lessons.

We can cover up to £800 or 75% of pre-booked music-related events that you are no longer able to attend. Please refer to your policy wording for full terms and conditions.

The minimum age for the main policyholder is 18. Public Liability and Personal Accident cover (if you have chosen to include this on your policy) will only apply to anyone aged 16 or over at the time of any incident, and total permanent disablement cover is only available for anyone aged 65 or under.

If you need to cover your instruments at more than one address, please call our contact centre on: 0333 004 3888

We can then look to update the policy accordingly dependent on the policy and security requirements.

As the insurance policy is a legal agreement between us and the policyholder, we can only set up a policy with the person who will be named as the policyholder.

You can choose to pay in full by credit or debit card. Alternatively, you can take advantage of our interest free monthly payment option and simply spread the payments out, without any additional cost.

Yes, you can make changes to your policy by simply logging in to your online account here, or by getting in touch with our contact centre by either:

You can add or delete insured items and change some aspects of your policy. Note that additions will incur additional costs. Additional premiums are charged on a pro rata basis from the date of change. Any cover options that you choose can only be added or removed when you first buy the policy or at renewal.

All insured items claims are subject to the following excess unless otherwise stated on your insurance schedule:

  • Cover for Insured Items - Excess payable = £75
  • Mechanical Breakdown for Insured Items - Excess payable = £75
  • Public Liability Property Claims - Excess payable = £500
  • Public Liability Injury Claims - Excess payable = Nil

For Public Liability claims, the first £500 of each claim arising from damage to third party property.

You need to tell us about any music related losses or claims you have had within the last three years whether insured or not. It is important that you make an honest disclosure of any previous claims or losses, as if not this could invalidate your cover.

This depends on the options you choose. Included as standard with your policy, you are covered to take your DJ equipment anywhere in the UK and up to 30 days worldwide in total during your period of insurance. If you need more extensive cover, you can choose our Global Travel option, which will extend your worldwide cover for the full policy period.

Whilst in transit, and under the responsibility of your transport provider, your gear isn’t covered if it is stolen and accidental damage cover only applies if your DJ equipment is in a purpose-built storage case.

Provided the equipment is in a rigid-bodied, purpose designed equipment case, it is covered for accidental damage. We regret that loss of baggage containing your equipment or theft of an insured item whilst under the responsibility of a transport provider is not covered with musicGuard.

At your insured location (This is where your instruments are usually kept and should also be your main place of residence or your music business premises or studio): For cover to apply while your instruments are at your insured location, the insured items must be kept within the main structures (must be brick or stone built) of your insured location and all normal security protections are in force.

Cover in an unattended vehicle: Theft or attempted theft from a vehicle will only be covered if your insured item is stored out of sight, in an enclosed storage compartment, boot or luggage space. All vehicle doors and windows must be closed and securely locked, and all vehicle security systems activated.

All insured items need to be removed and stored inside your insured location when your vehicle is at your insured location. In-vehicle cover does not apply when the vehicle is at your insured location.

Accidental damage that occurs in a vehicle is only covered if the insured item is in a purpose-designed equipment case. If your musical instruments are in transit with an airline transport provider, see the FAQ relating to airline cover.

For any theft claims, whether at your insured location, storage location or from a vehicle, you need to report the incident to the police and there must be evidence of forcible and/or violent entry or evidence of unauthorised access.

Making a claim with musicGuard

We’ve made making a claim so easy

If your DJ equipment has been stolen or damaged, we know how distressing it can be. That's why we'll do everything possible to deal with your claim promptly. Our easy-to-use claims process is listed below with some helpful information regarding what to do if you need to make a claim.

1. Call the police

If youve been the victim of theft or malicious damage to your DJ equipment, your first port of call should be to inform the police.

2. Contact our claims team

Contact our in-house UK team to make your claim. You can call us on:
0333 004 1999 to get started, or alternatively, you can email us with details of your claim at:

3. Make your claim

We'll provide you with your claim reference and talk you through the next steps. Should we need any further information to help process your claim, we can explain what's needed and support you.


Your policy document explorer

For customers whose policy started before 1st January 2021, you can access your policy documents here.

Existing customers: If you have an existing policy before September 23rd 2019, then you can contact our team for information on your policy.

You can email us at: or call us on: 0333 004 3888

musicGuard customers say this...

We pride ourselves on delivering a personal service to every musician that we help protect. You don't have to take our word for it though, check out some of our independent reviews to see what our customers have to say! If you'd like to leave your opinion, good or bad we encourage you to submit a review too.