> Home > About our cover > Security requirements > Home or studio
Requirements for the insured location (eg your home or studio)
If your instruments and equipment total under £15,000, they are covered with standard window and door locks and do not require any particular additional security.
For instruments and equipment totalling over £15,000
- External doors - 5 lever mortice deadlock or 5 lever padlock minimum
- Windows - key operated locks fitted to all accessible windows.
For instruments and equipment totalling over £30,000
- In addition to the requirements above, a NSI approved alarm must also be used.
For instruments and equipment totalling over £50,000
In addition to the requirements above, we require:
- A NSI approved alarm must be fitted and maintained by a NSI approved installer
- The alarm must be connected by Redcare or equivalent to a police station or alarm receiving station
Requirements when your instruments and equipment are away from the insured location
Requirements when your instruments and equipment are in a vehicle
The information displayed is for guidance only and no contract or contract term is implied - only the policy wording can be taken as a binding contract.