Call Us: 0333 004 3888
Mon - Fri 9.00am - 6.00pm

Home > About our cover > Public Liability and Personal Accident

Public liability and personal accident

What is public liability?

Public liability is also known as third party liability. This cover protects you against third party claims for injury or damage to property - so, for example, in the event that a speaker you set up falls onto a member of the audience and causes injury or damage - that person could claim against you or your band for compensation.

With the introduction of the Public Entertainment Licence Act (PELA), more venues will be insisting on public liability cover - local authority venues often require you to have £5 million liability cover.

Musicguard include £1 million public liability cover as standard, but you can choose to increase cover to £2 or £5 million.

You can also choose to extend your liability cover to band members, colleagues, assistants etc. They can also choose to take the standard level of cover or upgrade to £2 or £5 million.

What is personal accident cover?

If you were to personally suffer injury whilst playing or using your equipment, Musicguard provides cover up to £10,000 for death and permanent total disablement or £5,000 for loss of limb or eye. This is included as standard with every Musicguard policy and every associate extension.

Enter the total value of equipment you want to insure
> Thistle Insurance Services Limited
> Terms of use
> Privacy policy
> Contact us
> Earn money with us
Investors In Customers McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams  
Click for free callback